Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy 16th Birthday, Jonathan!!



I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. My first child is now 16 and will be driving soon! I would tell you to watch the roads, but he is a pretty good driver so maybe just be a little more cautious when he is out and about! ;)


I am very proud of the young man he has become. He is strong and kind, sweet and funny, handsome and good, loyal and honest. He is a great son, always concerned and caring for his parents feelings. He makes it easy being a parent, rarely questioning what he is asked to do. He is a good brother to his brothers and sisters. He is a great babysitter, always playing with them and making it fun for the kids when we are gone. He is learning so much all the time, right now his passion is his Chevelle and he has already learned so much about cars. He rotated my tires and changed my oil. (Love that!) He also is becoming a really good cook, he is always interested and willing to help make dinner. He is a gifted musician and we love to hear him play the violin. He is one of very few Sophmores to make it into Chamber orchestra and also to make it into the Regional Orchestra.


He is also a very spiritual person. He has a lot of faith and is often sharing the gospel with others. He is never afraid to invite someone to church. He will be a wonderful missionary someday. I can't believe that is 3 short years away!!


I hope you have a wonderful birthday, son!
Jon and Grandma Hooper at his concert
Jon and Grandpa Standage and Grandma Standage
Jon and Grandpa Hooper

Jon and us

Jon's friends from the ward put candy all over the car
and they filled it with balloons and confetti.
More baloons!
It was a fun surprise for him, the only problem was that my car broke last night, so Bryan had to take the Chevelle to work and it required a lot of cleaning before it could be driven! He usually takes Jon to A hour on his way to work, so Jon missed A hour today! Oh well, he will have to consider that a b-day present too!

Have a great day, son!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Jon is a great kid!! I hope he has a great 16th birthday and time really does fly by!!

I am glad they left the wrappers on the candy so he could actually enjoy them. I pictured in my head that they just mushed them on...

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan!

Richard said...

It was fun to watch the kids "decorate" the car that night. It was alot of fun for them! Jon is a great kid because he has parents that are awesome! happy Birthday Jon!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a wonderful birthday!