Sunday, March 9, 2008

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Today started out feeling like the title of a funny children's book called "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". Things do not go well for little Alexander all day and so he thinks about moving to Australia where everything is upside down. He figures that if things are upside down, then they might be good instead of bad. I wouldn't mind a fresh start myself. I am feeling so sorry for myself today and would love a fresh start!!!!! So here is my fresh start for the day (so what if it is almost night time!!). I am going to list 10 things that are good, if not great in my life. Not necessarily in order, but here goes:



1. My Savior- I would not have a chance without His love and His eternal sacrifice.

2. My husband- He has been kind and sweet today, even tho I have been a pain.

3. My children- So fun and happy. They do not let life get in the way of a good time!

4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints- I really do enjoy the freedom that living the gospel allows.

5. My friends- I have been blessed with good friends who support me when I am feeling down. You know who you are!!

6. My parents- I can always count on my mom to be on my side, she is sweet and has a good heart. She is a loving and thoughtful person and the grandkids adore her! And my dad, who always works so hard, is generous and good and always tries to be loving and supportive.

7. My sisters (and brothers)- I can go to them and cry, laugh, scream, whine or whatever I need that day! I hope they know how much I love them and need them!

8. My extended family- I am truly grateful for in-laws that I consider friends. I have a sweet mil who has taught me so much (my family is forever grateful for the cooking skills she passed on), my fil has become the world's greatest grandpa and has made us feel so comfortable when we come over and his house has become our favorite place to watch movies (so much better than going to the movies!!) My sil's and bil's(I like to think) have become our friends and not just family you are stuck with. That is HUGE!!

9. As cliche as it sounds- my health. I am happy to run and play with my kids. When I can no longer keep up, I will be so sad!

10. Distractions- reading (I read too fast!!) I started a book by my favorite author, Mary Higgins Clark, yesterday during my son and nephew's b-ball practice and finished it this morning. I wish I had another one to dive into. Even this blog is fun (thanks Les!), it is kinda therapeutic to throw this all down!!



Well there you go, I already feel a bunch better. Almost everything on my list has nothing to do with money. I didn't even realize that until the end. Don't get me wrong, a bit more of that would probably help my day! Anyway, until another time, I am going to go play with my son.



C ya!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I keep thinking of how nice it would be to just pack up and leave and move down to rocky point...but then that would kind of sting...

Isn't if kind of funny how writing in your blog is kind of therapeutic...

Leslie said...

Stink not sting...sorry!!

music lady said...

Hey, I like that book and yes it seems our family is having our share of "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days"

Isn't it great that we still have an eternal perpective when our minds clear a bit.