Friday, July 31, 2009

Toy Drive

Jonathan is doing a toy drive for his Eagle project and I just wanted to express my appreciation for all the friends and family that are helping out. We have had family offer to help during the toy drive and also donate toys and water bottles for the volunteers. We have had friends ask what they can do and I am so pleased at everyone's generosity. It is humbling to see how many people want to support Jonathan in getting his Eagle. I am so proud of him, because he is doing all the work. Bryan guides him and he comes to me when he needs support and we are both happy to help him, but almost all of the work has been done himself.

I am also pleased at the generosity of our local businesses that have donated things too. Staples donated 500 copies for fliers to hand out at the toy drive. Paradise Bakery donated 3 large bags of cookies, at least 150 cookies and Krispy Kreme donated 8 dozen donuts. During this economy, I feel grateful for their support!

Anyways, I hope tomorrow is a success for Jonathan, and I am sure it will be mostly because he has a kind, loving and supportive network of family and friends. Thank you everyone, for showing my son that people will step up and be there for him. It means a lot to me!

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Yea I never knew how hard Eagle Projects actually are lol.

Leslie said...

He is doing great and we are very proud of him for choosing to do his eagle project!!

music lady said...

Great job to Jonathan!

Anonymous said...

That is really awesome. I am sorry I had to work or I totally would have helped. Way to go Jon!

Richard said...

It was a pleasure to work along with you on your project. This makes three projects that I have worked on and each one has been special. You done a great job!!