Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Oh How Lovely Was The Morning"

The sweet sound of stringed instruments playing "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" filled my living room this morning and I couldn't help but think how lovely this morning is. Jonathan has put together another musical number for church in September and they held their first practice this morning. He is playing 2nd violin with a solo, his Grandma Hooper is playing 1st violin, Grandpa Hooper is playing the cello, his dad, Bryan, is playing the bass and Sis Hansen is accompanying them on the piano. It was so beautiful and I am so grateful for the gift of music that has been passed down from Grandma's and Grandpa's to Bryan to my children. I hope that one day my younger children can play along also. There is no better way to bring the Spirit into our home than through beautiful music!

Grandma and Jonathan
Grandpa

Bryan

And this was a sweet moment between Grandpa and Jenna, I had to post it!

Have a wonderful day!!




3 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like a great Sunday morning!!

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

That is such a awesome thing. I can't wait to hear it! There is something about having hymns played in the house. I love that my girls are learning piano so that we can have music fill our home.

That photo of Jenna and her grandpa is too sweet. Cherish that one!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How cool is that. Your family is so lucky to have music passed down to them. Awesome.