Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Remind me never to complain about laundry again!

I should really know better! lol If you complain about something, surely that problem will get worse, right? I started on my laundry mountain yesterday and got about 5 loads in when my dryer goes out. The belt broke. Hopefully it is something Bryan can fix fairly easily. Anyway, I was going to put the wet clothes into the dryer but the ones in the dryer were still wet. I was a bit confused as to why but restarted it anyways. Yeah, that didn't work out so well! lol So now I had two loads of wet laundry! Bryan suggested I peek out my window and see if my neighbors bedroom light was still on (we didn't want to wake them because it was 10:30!) it was, so I called them and they graciously let me use their dryer. It's so nice having next door neighbors who will bail you out in almost any way, from the needed egg, babysitter and now a dryer! lol

At least I got some clothes washed so we should be fine for a few days! Now I am crossing my fingers the washer will continue to hold up!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I won't be doing a whole lot of laundry today if any, if you need to use ours too!!

Kim said...

Oh I feel your pain! I can't even imagine being without my washer or dryer. If I go 2 days without doing laundry it kicks my butt! Hope it gets fixed soon!

Anonymous said...

I was just in your position and had to get a new washer. I feel like my dryer is going now too. Hope it all works out for you!

Richard said...

Oh no!! That is too awful. Sorry to hear that the dryer is broken. Ours is available if you need other places to go. Let me know if Bryan needs help replacing the belt.

Bryan Hooper said...

The sweet thing about it is I fixed the dryer and then fixed the icemaker. We can now dry clothes and have homemade ice again. I wont metion that its good adivec to unplug the dryer before you put your hands inside of it. It was a nice jolt.