Thursday, September 11, 2008

Frustrations and Aggravations!

So, I am so frustrated and annoyed today! If it can go wrong today, it seems like it is. Now, it is nothing earth shattering or serious. Just the little ticky tack things of my life today. It all started yesterday when I was trying to help my dad save a little money on his wireless bill. He has been paying for 4 phone lines, 2 of which are smart phones. (One of the regular lines Rich still has. He is former employee of my dad's who has been using the phone for free for like 8 months.) Those four lines used only 650 minutes on average each month (after the my circle and mobile to mobile minutes) and he has been paying for 5500 minutes!!!! So, I finally convinced him he can go to a cheaper plan and he will be fine!! Then I realize that my phone (my dad's business line that I carry around and answer the 5 times it rings a week) was being billed as one of the smart phones. Turns out my mom has been using this really nice and expensive Palm phone that is hooked up! Only she only knows how to dial a number and the rest has been wasted. My dad thought we should switch. Works for me, right? It has been such a nightmare with All tell trying to get them to switch. It's not like they use sim cards on their phones anymore. I was on the phone with them last night and 3 more times this morning trying to get it all sorted out. You wouldn't believe the level of incompetence I have dealt with on this. They kept using the phrase "rest assured" that they would fix the problem. I haven't rested assured yet! After throwing my phone (home phone) across the room and throwing a royal screaming fit in my room out of sheer frustration, my line finally works. Not my mom's line, tho. Now I have to physically go over there and get the phone and call them and try to get them to fix that one now. I am so not looking forward to that.

I am excited about the new phone, tho. My dad said I can drop my other cell and use his as my primary phone. That is awesome cause I have to drop mine and Jon's anyway in order to save money each month. Jon is lucky that he has a cool grandpa hooper that sill let him join under his plan, provided jon does his yardwork and stuff. He is so grateful for that! Thanks to them both. Now I can email and all sorts of cool stuff!

The other frustrating thing was this morning I had to help Jonathan with our ward flag fundraiser. We actually got to the church at 6 and figured we would be home by 6:30. Um, no. We both got a 15 minute lecture on how this ward does things differently and just what we have to do and how he gets credit for doing it. We were like, please. We are not stupid and can figure it out. They think is is ran so well, whatever. Our route had wrong addresses (and we have no idea where the members live yet, so that was fun-not!) and there were individual instructions for each house as to where to stick the flag and to find the post. They were all wrong and were messed up. They had instructions for the houses all switched. This was taking all morning and I had to get back before the kids woke up (didn't happen tho). One of the men running it started to feel sorry for us and found us on our route and said. Oh, this route is all messed up. We were like, "You think? Really?!?!?!" We were so frustrated by the time we got home. I barely got the kids off to the bus- don't judge me on their hair today! That is when I realized that the phone switch that was supposed to happen at midnight didn't and spent the next 2 hours fighting with Alltell. ARRRGGGHHH!!

Then, I decide to make cinnamon rolls to sweeten the day (which I have had no problems with yet) and start an early dinner by throwing something in the crock pot. Yeah, right. I get the meat all thawed and all the stuff ready and I can't find the lid to the crock pot to save my life! Now I am like "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?" I can't even remember if I had used it in this house yet. So I search my kitchen up and down 3 times, I search the garage boxes and the DI pile twice. I search my china hutch just in case. Nothing. I am like, now what. I don't know how to make pulled pork without a crock pot! Fortunately, my sister, JoAnn will save the day and bring one over later. I think she is only coming to get my cinnamon rolls! But now my roast is in the fridge and will be cooked tomorrow. I have no idea what we will eat tonight. Maybe we will just have cinnamon rolls. Only kidding!

Now, I am telling all of you so you can share my frustration and help me laugh about it. Sometimes that is all you can do when nothing goes the easy way! I am really hoping that the rest of the day starts to go a bit more smoothly! Have more fun than me today!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Well you did help me find that photo!! I was looking way to far back!!

And cinnimon rolls for dinner, that wouldnt hurt anyone!!

music lady said...

you could use another pot's lit the same size as teh crock's opening...
Bread and milk works or pancakes for supper or even cereal

Jonathan said...

Your day must've really sucked, but thanks for finding my phone and making cinnamon rolls!!

Love ya

Jeremy said...

Haha... I am glad I don't have to deal with the cell phone issues anymore!!! And I can't believe Rich still has the one phone...

Anonymous said...

I hate dealing with phone companies. It is the worst. It doesn't matter what service I have had, I have had problems. Yuck. I hope you are less frustrated today!

Sarah said...

I had dinner all figured out for today, until I opened the chicken that I bought just the other day, to start prepping it, and it smelled something awful! That totally threw a wrench into my plans and I ended up just feeding the kids a pop in the oven pizza. Fortunately I was able to return the chicken and get it replaced. We'll have it tomorrow....assuming it doesn't smell bad also.

Josiah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

(Sorry, that previous, deleted comment was me...logged in as Josiah...here's what I said though...)

Scrapbooks, etc. sells a bunch of templates for stitching. It's pretty easy to do but a little time consuming...well worth it though once it's all said and done! A couple of the things I've stitched, I've just printed off my computer and used that as a pattern. Trim the paper down first of course so you can see where you're placing it, then just poke holes through the paper w/a poker. You, Leslie and I should get together sometime to scrapbook and I could show you how to do the stitching thing.

The ribbon organizers also came from scrapbooks, etc. You can also buy them online at Joann.com. The spools are $1.50 for a pack of 10. The drawers are $4.99 each and then they stack on top of each other. I'm not sure if you can get the drawers at Joann.com or not. It totally makes using ribbon so much nicer.