Monday, December 1, 2008

Catch up and all sorts of stuff

Ok. I didn't win anything at the Twilight premiere. I was dissappointed esp because I was helping run the prizes to the winners and I was like "I want that one!". Oh well, I had a great time. I was there with my sister JoAnn and sil Julie and our long-time friend Marie. We enjoyed the movie and the crowd. There was a lot of noise like laughing and oohs and stuff, but nothing annoying. The weirdest part was one of the trailers. It was for this totally freaky and evil looking horror movie called the Unborn. We were all a bit stunned by it. It seemed so out of place for a love story even with vampires. Kinda freaked us out. We got over it and then laughed at the trailer for Bride Wars. We are gonna have to do another girls night and see that one! It looked so funny, plus I like Anne Hathaway. It should be fun. Now, I had heard the negative reviews about Twilight and so I went in with really low expectations hoping that I wouldn't be dissappointed. I wasn't! I loved it and am looking forward to the next one!

A lot of things have happened between now and then. It sometimes feels like I will never have a life without major upheavels or just enexpected twists all the time. Sometimes I just want plain and predictable. Oh well, not gonna happen. First off, we have actually gotten approval from the bank in regards to our offer on our house. They are doing the inspection on Tuesday and then if all goes well, are wanting to close on Friday. As of a week and a half ago, we had no offer and now in 2 weeks time it's almost finished. So ironic as it took the bank almost 4 months to approve the last 3 offers, which took so long that all our buyers backed out. Stupid bank actually admitted that they lost our file one time and missfiled it another time. No wonder the banks are suffering! Anyway, almost done with it, so that is good. One less thing to worry/think about.

The next major thing is I was released from my calling as a Primary teacher. I was teaching Kate's class and had only been there for a month and I was really liking it. I enjoyed teaching and the age is a lot of fun. I was really dissappointed until they told me my new job. Then I was HORRIFIED! Primary Chorister. Seriously?!?!? Do they know anything about me at all? They redid the Primary Presidency and they assumed since Jon played the violin in the primary program and Kate sang in an ensemble choir that we are ALL musical. The music gene came from my inlaws, not me!!! I can barely lead music, I lose the beat all the time! I have a very hard time singing in tune and can't read music to save my life. I told the Primary president this and she was shocked and looked a bit stunned herself!! haha!! She thought I had to be musical to have kids that are. (No, I am not!) Then I am informed that I have to put together a girls ensemble choir to sing Mary's Lullaby at the ward party THIS Saturday!! I am like, "Are you kidding me?!?!?!". So I stressed about this job all week and then yesterday was my first day. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Primary! It's just my fear of music that is my problem, plus the lack of free time I have to put this all together. I am always surrounded by lots of kids, which makes it hard for prayerfull preparation and inspiration! I taught this Mary's Lullaby, it is a beautiful song but the kids didn't know it at all and almost all of Junior Primary doesn't read! So that didn't go as well as I would have hoped. The senior did fine. I have to learn to teach the small kids the songs. If ANYONE has any ideas on this one, I would really appreciate a comment! Anyway, after the disasterous teaching of a new song , the longest 5 minutes of my life-seriously!- then we played a game. I had the kids write a favorite song on a blank white paper and thencrumble it up into a snowball. Then we had a snowball toss and I picked one out and had that child help me lead the song. They seemed to like it. The games I don't mind doing, its the teaching the songs that is freaking me out.

Now, as I was getting ready for church, I realized that I wasn't going to even be at the ward party! Yeah!!! I am gonna be somewhere so much more fun! Bryan knew I wouldn't be there, but I totally forgot. This was planned over a year ago and I still forgot! I am too overwhelmed! Anyway, this is where I am gonna be: Wooohooo!!! How could I forget about it?!?!? In case you missed it, I am so excited! I will be going with my mom and sisters, so it will be so fun! Yeah for me!!

6 comments:

Jonathan said...

you should take me with you to the celine dion concert :)

Chelley said...

You wish what?!?!

Richard said...

Congrats on your new calling in the Primary. You have more talent with music than you know. Maybe something from the Celine Dion show (I'm so jealous) will give some ideas.

Richard said...

Congrats on your new calling in the Primary. You have more talent with music than you know. Maybe something from the Celine Dion show (I'm so jealous) will give some ideas.

Sarah said...

That is a calling I don't think I'd be cut out for either! Our Primary Chorister is really great at teaching the primary the songs. Mostly she just finds creative ways to repeat each one several times each Sunday. That's the part I think I'd be lacking in...the coming up with creative ways. Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed that you didn't win any prizes! Sorry! I am super happy about your house news, you deserve all the best. Primary Chorister was the hardest calling I ever did because I cannot carry a tune nor can I read music. I had to teach myself to lead music. It was so hard. Funny, even though I would not want to do it again it was fun with the kids. They don't care if you have any real talent they just are completely aware of how you feel about them and that you are making it fun. You will be great! I just know it.