Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Biggest Loser!!

Ok, I went out today and made a committment. I bought the Biggest Loser Workout DVD. I bought both the boot camp and the fat burning yoga DVD. Now you must understand the lenghts I went to get these. I wanted to start today, so I took the boys I babysit to the library, and that is an adventure in itself, and then we stopped at Target on the way home. I had 2 boys in the front seats and 2 boys in the actual cart and we shopped for workout DVDs. They were really good, the only hard part was that Hayden wanted to sit in one of the seats and I had already put Ashton and Alex in them. So he was sad for a few minutes. Anyway, they were rewarded with Sour Patch Kids and I was rewarded with a workout during naptime!

I started with the yoga workout. I didn't think it would be very intense and since this was my first workout in many months, that is what I was going for. Yeah right!! This kicked my butt! It gives you the option of 5 levels. First is the warmup, then level 1, level 2, level 3 and a cooldown. And I only chose the warmup, lvl 1, and a cooldown. I really enjoyed it, but I still had to cheat on several moves. But afterward, I felt energized and like I had really used my whole body. Honestly, this was the best I had felt in a long time!! So, tomorrow I am gonna try the boot camp version. As intense as the yoga one was, I am worried the boot camp one will kick my butt and leave me feeling wiped out. I will let you know!

I took my measurements and weighed myself before I started (NO! I am not posting these numbers!!) and will track my progress weekly and will hopefully see some shrinkage!! I am going to see if I can get Bryan to do these videos and /or walking in the evenings. We both need to shrink in order to stick around to run with our grandkids one day! That and I am tired of wearing my fat pants. I want to fit in my skinny jeans! Anyway, wish me luck!! I will keep you all posted! If anyone wants to join me, let me know. I would love a partner in all this!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Good job! The hardest part I think is just getting started. I would love to go on the actual show but I could never leave my kids for that long and I think I would rather die then stand up in front of the whole world in a sports bra and spandex!

Leslie said...

I will go on walks with you. I am not a fast walker though. I want to buy a bike so I can go on bike rides again.

Richard said...

Kudos on the workout videos. I know with your determination and ambition you will achieve your goals. As far as your bratty side, I am glad you have it. It keeps the rest of us laughing.

Anonymous said...

You'll do great. Sounds like a great goal and one I need. I can't wait to read about your progress.

Marilyn said...

I got the wii fit for Christmas and have started doing the yoga exercises. Man do I suck at them! According to the wii and have no balance at all, but I'll keep at it. Let me know if the DVD's work. I would like to try them.

Terina said...

Yes I remember you! Cute post! I'm a convert to the biggest looser, just started watching this season! So good! Oh and yes I love yoga, great workout! You dont realize what a work out you are getting till the next day! That is one of my goas for '09 start doing yoga again!