Sunday, January 4, 2009

Post-holiday blues, or lack thereof!

Usually at this time of year I start to get a little depressed. All the fun is over and we have to go back to "real life". So far, I am not bummed out at all! I have been working hard these last few days just cleaning and organizing and such. We took a huge load to DI and I cleaned out the girls room and got all the Christmas stuff put away. That usually leaves me feeling a bit depressed. But, I am just enjoying the clean feeling. There is not a whole lot to look forward to when the holidays are over. Maybe we have had so much fun the last week that it hasn't started to sink in yet. We have had lots of game/movie nights and even a snowball fight (thx Smithson clan!)! It has been a lot of fun and tomorrow the routine will set in again. I guess I am ready to get back to normal cause that is not causing me to want to cry! Yeah for that! Bryan, on the other hand, is so not looking forward to going back to work. Sorry, babe! At least my work keeps me in my own home and while I may be completely surrounded by kids all of the time, I actually enjoy them all. I am lucky there!

I am also enjoying our new surround sound home entertainment system. We have had a lot of things break on us in the last week. Our computer and/or monitor went out and out old dvd/sound system went out. So we used our Christmas gift from Bryan's dad and bought a new one. This one we actually set up as surround and it sounds awesome! It has an ipod dock attached and so I can crank up my music as I am cleaning the house. Love that! You can hear it through the whole house. Which is sometimes good and sometimes not! Anyway, it has been fun playing with a new toy. We haven't had many new things for a while so we are having fun with it!

Anyway, here is to everyone being able to get past the post holiday blues and on with life!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

No Blues here...I am glad Christmas is over because then I don't have to stress about money as much!!

music lady said...

Glad to see yoiur spirits up. Now I have to go back to work. Thank goodness I like teaching and music!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of cleaning with the music cranked up all over the house. Cool. I am really glad after holiday blues have not set in. I am find too but Monday when routines start again I will probably be bummed.