Thursday, May 21, 2009

Staying strong!

As some of you know, I have had a really hard time dealing with the hand that life has dealt me. I still am, but today I am feeling stronger. One foot in front of the other. That's the best I can do, right? It's been hard to accept that I don't know when or if things will ever get better. There are times I feel angry and times I feel jealous and even resentful of others and what they appear to have. I know it's not right or fair, but it's how I sometimes feel. But today, I don't have any of that. I am still broke and my hubby is still dreadfully underemployed and nothing has changed, but I am trying to be grateful for what I do have.

Besides, JT won Survivor and Kris won American Idol, so things can't be all that bad, can they?

Oh, on the funny side, at least to me it's funny, Jonathan always says he bombed his finals in a class or two and I always tell him that he does better than he thinks. He said he bombed the science final and I laughed and told him he would get an A like he always does. He was very insistent that he failed so I was starting to believe him this time. He just texted me that he got a 100%. Silly kid! that's a perfect score, sooo far from bombing! He is funny, to me!

Anyway, I am trying to find humor and fun in this crazy and depressing time in my life. I hope you can all do the same in the bad times and make sure to recognize and appreciate the good times. Whenever they are!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Michelle, I really hope you don't hold any resentment towards us. I was sitting at your house yesterday and just thinking how nice you have everything decorated and all your cute sayings and everything. Your house is so much more inviting then ours. Even if I had those cute signs and things, they would get lost in this house. It is so cluttered sometimes I wonder what the point is to clean it.

As hard as it is, you guys are making it work somehow. You have 5 wonderful children and I think Jon is an amazing kid. And I am sure the rest will turn out the same. You guys will make it through this, we all will. I figure it can only get better.

I am glad your day is turning out good.

:o)

Anonymous said...

Good for you for staying strong and hanging in there. Funny the challenges life throws at us! I have faith in you. You will win!

Marilyn said...

Michelle, you ae a trooper. Hang in there as things will turn around. Congrats to Jonathan on his 100%! Miss you.