Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Small Annoyances

I am a little bit annoyed right now. Just stupid little things that get on my nerves! As you may know, I am having surgery to remove a cyst on my right foot. In order to have this surgery, my dr wanted me to get a pre-op clearance through my primary care physician. No biggie, I figured so I went and got the blood work and xrays done. My primary care dr's office called to say they needed to discuss my blook work results with me. I ask them if there is a problem and they won't say. I tell them I just need a clearance and that I really don't have the time to come in unless it's important. They still won't tell me anything. It takes so much out of my day to go the the dr's office. Usually I have to arrange a babysitter for my son and the kids I babysit and it cuts into my budgeted studying time. I also hate interruptions to my schedule because it sets my school timeline into my family time and i try to avoid that as much as possibe.

So now I get to go to the dr's office this afternoon to hear the blood work results. And it is probably all totally fine! It just irritates me how they can't or won't tell you anything over the phone and you worry for nothing!

My other annoyance is my Anatomy and Physiology class. I had a Lab quiz and a quiz on the first lesson. The lesson materials covered 3 chapters: Anatomy terminology, chemistry of life, and the cell. About 80% of the quiz covered these materials and the rest had info on genetics, characteristics of blood traits and other things. I reread the lesson and nowhere does it go into these areas! So irritating! We went over most of these things in my previous Biology class, but it has been two years since I took it! I should be pleased with the fact that I got a B on both quizes, but it just irritates me! I feel like if they are going to quiz you and tell you which areas will be covered, they should stick to those areas. Anyway, I am just annoyed today and hopefully posting this nice long rant will get it out of my system so I can go about the rest of my day and be happy! Here's to a happy day for you, too!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I too would be annoyed with the doctor as well as the class. I'm glad that it was something treatable and manageable!
Hang in there. You definitely have a busy schedule!

Sgtflatfoot said...

Hi, I just found your blog by chance googling "bio201 rio salado" and I just thought I'd let you know that I'm taking the same class and the labs and quizzes don't get much harder than that first quiz. I did the worst on that quiz than I have on any of the other quizzes we've had to do. So keep your chin up!

Also I wanted to give you a heads up about the midterm: make sure you memorize everything you possibly can! Start now so you have a solid understanding of everything because you will need it! Write all the essays that are given each lesson even though they aren't required, it will help you a GREAT deal on the midterm essays. I have yet to take the final but I'm anticipating it being equally as difficult.

Good luck!