Thursday, August 27, 2009

Who is the parent here?

Sometimes life is just rough and this afternoon we were hit with an unexpected blow. Just brought us down a little, but we will fight back and be fine. Sooner or later! Jonathan had noticed that we seemed a little more stressed than usual and said he had been feeling that we needed to pull together as a family more and have a little more faith. That we need to make sure we are having our scripture study and always fasting as a family. He said the word "faith" kept popping out to him during his own scripture study. He was so cute and sincere about it and was actually worried that he upset me with his comments. I just had to smile and ask him "Who are the parents here?" Sometimes he seems too old for his age. To share such wisdom with his parents at only 15 astounds me. Were did this wise and sweet kid come from? I am thankful to have a child who is able to humble me and help me be a better parent.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome kid. Way to go Jon!

Richard said...

Can you spare him once in a while to keep us on track? jk:) Jon is a great kid!! Love how he listens to what is important.

The Standages said...

Todd and I were talking about Jon the other night. We were talking about how mature he is. He is one awesome kid!

music lady said...

I Love that grandkid of mine!!!!!

Valerie Ipson said...

And how great is it that he's the big brother to all the rest that will follow in his footsteps!