Thursday, July 24, 2008

How MRSA is spread....FYI

Alright, I realize that everyone is probably concerned about getting this MRSA from Alex. It is definetely a possibility, and I am sorry for having him in contact. Once he was on the antibiotic, he should have been fine, but it appears it was not working. He is now on a new one, it is apparently the last one that we have to try, so I am praying it will work. He had MRSA for quite a while before I took him to the Doctor, which is why my kids have it now. MRSA is spread through contact with blood or fluids that come out of wounds (like puss or something totally gross!). It is not airborne and stuff. A thorough hand washing will kill germs and antiseptic wipes on door knobs and stuff will go a long way. He should not share towels or linens and stuff. Which is probably how my kids got it. Alex and Connor sleep together every night and Jenna sometimes too. They are now taking a new antibiotic, which smells like a combo of vomit and another really stinky bodily function! I feel so bad for these kids having to take it! I give them a syringe full of their medicine and "wash" it down with a syringe full of juice or koolaid. That is the only fun part! Anyway, hopefully we haven't infected the entire family, but I think everyone will be okay, as Alex's sores haven't bled or ruptured and we don't all sleep together! lol. Let me know if anyone has any more questions about it!

See you all later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. Zoey had MRSA last month and had to be on two different antibiotics as well. Maybe she gave it to Alex! I hope not. I guess they weren't in close contact! Email me karlafreeman@gmail.com if I can do anything ok?

music lady said...

Gee, I cannot comment on the real estate market but I haven't heard the "Musicbox Dancer" for years! It was fun to hear that again!.