Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More MRSA and the strange combination of Soy Sauce and Baking Soda!!

That kid, I swear!! He is enough to drive me absolutely insane!!!

First off, I took Alex, Connor and Jenna into the Doctor today because Alex now has a rash all over his whole body. I thought he was having a reaction to the Bactrim he is on for MRSA. The doc said it is not a reaction that he would have broken out in hives all over if that was the case. He also said that since he started getting the rash last night that it would not be from the antibiotic that we started 8 days ago. (Gerry told me that it probably was a reaction and I tend to believe him more.) Anyway, I also took Connor and Jenna in because the each had a little pimple looking thing that Alex started with. It appears they all have the MRSA now. Now they are all going to be on the same antibiotic that Alex will be on, a new one that I couldn't pronounce if you paid me to. Connor has to have 3 Tbs, 3 times per day! 9 TBS per day!! I am going to go insane!

While I was digesting this, I got a phone call that someone else wants to come over and see the house. We are having someone come by almost every day and I swear it is always during dinner or some other important time. While I am happy for the traffic coming through the house, I am not enjoying trying to keep the house clean, while packing and keeping up with Alex. Speaking of cleaning up after alex, right after the potential buyers left the house, that little turd (affectionately called such) went and stole my soy sauce (I was making Chicken Stir Fry) off of the counter and also took the baking soda (I had just made a batch of cookies) and proceeded to pour out half of my new bottle of soy sauce and dumped it on Kate's carpet. Then he sprinkled the baking soda on top of it. It was all Bryan and I could do not to pick him up and throw him through the window!! I had just told Bryan that Alex was not getting into very many messes lately. Remind me to never open my mouth on that subject again!!! After he made this mess, I went and got my carpet cleaner and found that the last time I used it I forgot to empty out the dirty water. That smelled so bad and was so gross!! I don't know if it will ever be the same again! Anyway, I am tired, sooooo overwhelmed with trying to move and sell this house, and slightly discouraged. I am excited to move and have a fresh start in a new area and a new ward and new friends, but I wish I didn't have to do all this garbage to get there!

See you all later!

2 comments:

music lady said...

You call him a "turd" Isn't that associated with the smelly kind "silent but deadly"... Well Alex is silent and deadly to clean carpets, floors, adn whatever he lays his hands onto.
Oma always said "this too shall
pass" LOL
On another note are we all going to get this MRSA if we have been near Alex???

Anonymous said...

Aren't kiddos a treat? I am so glad you are getting so much traffic on your house. Yippee! I am terribly sad that you are leaving because it makes me have such deep regrets about not doing all the things with you I wanted (Ikea, lunch, tote bags, just sitting around chatting). I know you are excited to be off to a new adventure and friends but I hope we can start up a great friendship. When I came back I was so ready to "start over" but then I let my situation embarrass me keep my in my safe little box instead of branching out, holding my head high and moving forward. I really admire in you all the qualities I lack. Thank you for your example! :>