Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our houses and all that other stuff...

Hi everyone! I haven't blogged in a long time! There is so much going on and I keep thinking I should write about it and then I will sit down at the computer and go blank! Oh well. I will just start writing and see where we go.

We signed a lease yesterday and will be moving on August 2. The house in over by Power and McDowell, near Grandpa H's house. It has been really hard trying to decide where to live and what to do, but this house is the only one that I have felt really good about. There have been a few others that would have worked, but I just could not be happy about them. I know it was frustrating for Bryan to put up with, but I feel like this is where the Lord wants us to be. Things are falling into place for it- Many thanks to Bryan's dad for helping us out. We could not get into the house with out him!! The kids are excited to move by their Grandpa and cousins. It should be a good place to settle for a while and I found out it is in my brother Todd's ward. Not that they go to church, but still that is nice. I think Jon's favorite part is the bonus that we found out when we signed the lease- landscaping service is included!! Woo hoo!! A lot more free time on his hands!

More house stuff, we are listing our house for sale on Thursday with our realtor, Greg Askins. He is great and has a lot of experience with short sales so hopefully we can sell it before the bank tries to take it! We are listing it for $249,900, which sucks, but what can you do. I love this house and am sad to see it go. We were making it what I wanted: new flooring, new pool, new lighting fixtures and stuff. I wanted to paint the kitchen cabinents off white and put a light chocolate color glaze over the top, then get some cool hardware for them. Then top them off with a beige/brown/gold/black flecked granite counter tops. Oh well, I will have to try again in a few years. We have learned that a short sell will hurt you for about 2 years instead of the 5 to 7, so here's hoping for a quick sell!

I am taking Alex to the doctor this afternoon for some weird rash thing he has going on. When he had tubes put in, one of the nurses thought he had chicken pox, which he doesn't. He has these small pimple like things that get really red and swollen and then go away and new ones will take their place. They are on one side of his chest and back and keep popping up. He always has at least 5 of these things. It is possible that he has a staph infection or something. I found a new one this morning and they seem to be very tender, so we have an appointment in a couple of hours. I am wondering if he picked up a staph infection when he was in the hospital, but we will see what the doc says!

Hope everyone is doing well, oh here is a note for Leslie and Jeremy- I really enjoyed having your kids over on Friday. They were so good and the day went really fast! I am looking forward to being neighbors, I am really happy to be moving close to you guys. :>)

See you all later!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy things are coming together for you. I am sorry that things didn't go as you originally planned. I know a little something about that. Funny how life is. I totally believe that you were intune to the spirit and where you should go. I am very impressed.

Richard said...

I am glad that you guys found a home that will work for you. It must be hard to give up something that you have worked so hard for then have to leave it. The neighborhood wont be the same with your family gone. Let us know if we can be of any help with the move.