Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It appears to be........MRSA :(

Well, the Doc thinks Alex does indeed have a staph infection known as MRSA. It's the antibiotic resistant one that has been in the news. The doc tried to scare me and say that it is the one where you check into the hospital and you don't check out. Thanks for that, doc! It only kills you if it is a very bad infection, which his is not, so a little antibiotic known as bactrum and he should be good in about 10 days. If not, then the dermatologist will straighten this all out. Anyway, a little troublesome, but hopefully not a big deal. Grandpa didn't seem too concerned, so it is probably nothing. However, my mom was VERY concerned and started talking about parasites and full moons and poor little Alex. I will admit his immune system must be shot, but I think he will recover just fine. A little acidophilus would not hurt him, tho.

Anyway, that is what is going on with my little psycho. I only refer to him as that because he is! He is driving me crazy! In the last 24 hours he ruined my new food processor, dumped out my shampoo, poured out a very large box of powdered milk all over the floor and table, then dumped water on it, climbed up the tall shelf in the garage and took Jon's RC airplane in the house and played with it, would not sit still for FHE and disrupted the WHOLE thing, stripped down completely 3 times- once while he was poopy!! and this was just in the last 24 hours. I am making very little progress in the house cleaning and he will be lucky to reach his birthday next month! But then he will be so cute, like after the doctor appointment, he was hungry and said he wants a burger, would I please buy him a burger? Then asks, you want a burger too, K? And asks it in such a sweet way that I so badly wanted to buy him a burger. Especially after the mean doctor squeezed one of his sores to make the puss come out- it hurt him and scared him! Unfortunately for us, we have NO money for any extras, including burgers. Sucks! So, I am doing my best to love him when he is so cute and try to remember that I love him when he is not! Hope your 24 hours was better than mine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy how one minute they are these wonderful people who bring you so much joy and then out of nowhere they become uncontrollable monsters who could not have possible come from you. Amazing. Isn't it also interesting how all your children who get the same parenting from you come out completely different. I am constantly amazed at children and parenting. :>

Richard said...

Poor little guy. I sure hope that the antibiotic can kick it out so he doesnt have that nasty rash. Give him a high five for hanging in there.

Jonathan said...

I am sure Alex ill be just fine because out of all of his sicknesses he has been just fine in the end. I really hope he still keeps taking his medicine useing dad's technique.

Luv ya