Saturday, July 26, 2008

Is the real estate market really in trouble?

Okay, I know it is, but I am beginning to think that all these "reports" that say no one is buying a house are all a bunch of bologna. We have so many potential buyers coming through our house that I am getting sick of it. I know it is a blessing, people keep reminding me of that, but the constant intrusions are making it so hard to live my life here. Take today, for example, we are cleaning up our side yard and taking a load to the dump and two different realtors show up with their clients. We look like messy white trash, but today is the only day to get it done. We finish that and are cooling off when Kate comes running in and says that Alex has flooded the bathroom. He took a couple rolls of toilet paper (is that so sad when my first thought is that my little pain in the butt has just thrown money away!!) and he put those down both sinks and the tub and flooded the entire bathroom. We even had water in the drawers and cupboards of the bathroom. We grabbed every towel we had and cleaned it up, as well as plunge the sinks and removed all the mess.

As soon as we finished, I was just starting to pick up the towels and throw them in the wash, our doorbell rings and more people want to see the house. So I send Bryan to the dump and he takes the kids, esp. Alex, and I am now alone. I would love to go swimming before I start packing again, but someone else is supposed to come and see the house in an hour and I don't want to be caught in my bathing suit if they come early. Same goes for the shower. So I am hot and sweaty and afraid to do anything about it!!! We already have one offer and the people who just left said not to be surprised if they put in an offer also, so I am hoping this insanity will end soon!! No more than a week, cause we are moving out then anyway! Well, I am all done complaining for now, maybe I will complain some more tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I am glad we are done with that...and you are welcome to bring them over next week so you can pack in peace.

At our last house, the sinks over flowed several times..and they kind of ruined the bottoms of the drawers and cupboards under the sink. But hopefully the landlord doesnt notice. And I think Jacob was to blame for one time but also I think Grandpa was partly responsible for another one. But I dont understand why all sinks don't have that little drain hole at the top.

Richard said...

Hang in there!! There is light at the end of the tunnel. You have done a great job in putting your house together to sell. You will find the right people to buy it. Tell John congrats on earning two merit badges. He will become a Eagle yet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, so much trafic and offers already. I am so happy for you, sad for the rest of us to lose you, but way happy for you. There are a lot of people not as lucky in selling their house so congrats. All your hard work paid off. I am sure it is extremely bitter sweet.