Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am finally going on a vacation!

And no, it's not only in my mind! Jonathan has only a couple days of football left and so we are going out of town next weekend! We have been wanting to go camping or something, but with Bryan working friday nights and Jon having football all the time, there has never been a chance to go. So Friday is Halloween and then we are going to stay up at my parents place in Heber for remainder of the weekend. To many people that doesn't qualify as a vacation, but to us it totally does! So, we will go early Sat morning and come back Sunday nite. Yeah, finally a change of scenery! I stare at these 4 walls so much I won't miss it at all!

Last night we had our ward trunk or treat, it was a lot of fun. Bryan was working, but my friend Laurie and my Bro Todd and his wife Julie came so I had plenty of company. We were having a good time when Bryan sent me a text that he got off work early so he was able to come and hang out for the last half (the best half) of the night. We had pace painting, cake walks (Todd's kids scored like crazy!), carnival games, costume parade and the trunk or treat. My boys won the scariest costumes, they were matching skeletons, and we won a gift certificate to paradise bakery. Sounds like a gift for me!! Kaitlyn was dressed as a cheerleader and Jenna was Cinderella. My favorite costume in our family was Jon's. He borrowed Gerry's Michael Jackson jacket and was the King of Pop. It fit him perfectly. Cute! Then we were asked to judge the best decorated trunk for the trunk or treat. It was fun walking around actually paying attention to the decor and not just the people. We had a really good time! I needed it, too. I had talked to my old mortgage company right before the party and was really missing my old house. The party snapped me out of that funk.

Anyway, not a whole lot going on over here. Just the same day to blending day stuff. Do you ever forget what day it is because they all seem the same sometimes? Not necessarily a complaint, just an observation. Except Saturday and Sunday- I love the weekend! Just time with my man! Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I definitely categorize that as a "vacation". I can't wait to go on our vacation in 2 weekends up to Show Low. I just hope it doesn't fall through!

Glad you got to have fun at your ward trunk or treat! We had fun at our ward party too! We decorated a cake for it and won 1st place! All we got though was a certificate saying we participated! I would have rather gotten a gift cert. Oh well, we have the memories of the fun we had making it together. (Josiah and I that is.)

And yes, days definitely blend together! I, so often, can't recall if what I did was this morning or last night 1/2 the time.

Anonymous said...

A vacation! You are so lucky. Have a wonderful time, you definitely deserve it.

Jonathan said...

I am really excited to go to Heber. It should be a lot of fun and to also spend some time with the family, which we haven't done in quite some time. :)

Leslie said...

I just wanted to say thank you for donating to the Diabetes Walk. Even though diabetes doesnt effect me directly, it was very emotional for me at the walk for some reason.

Richard said...

Hey hey- Hope your vacation in Heber was a blast!! Kelsi wants to thank you for the birthday wish. She is so scared to turn 16. lol. Funny girl.