Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Wonderful Sunday and......Meet Melissa Hooper!!

I gotta say that I am so impressed by our bishop. He is so young, but such an inspired man, like I have never witnessed before. I think he is a great bishop and a fun person as well. He started out by encouraging people to bear their testimonies as they feel prompted and to not ignore that feeling. I knew then that I was supposed to bear my testimony. It had never entered into my mind to do that until I heard those words. My heart started pounding and I just knew. I tried to get out of it, but that feeling just wouldn't go away. I just spoke in church a month ago and thought that would be enough, but I guess not. Anyway, I bore testimony that our Heavenly Father knows each and everyone of us and what we are going thru. I feel like so many people have done little things or said words of encouragement at just the right moment for me. I am so grateful for people heeding small promptings of the Spirit in ways that have strengthened me and my testimony. I feel that the Lord has sent these people across my path at my weakest moments and I felt that I needed to acknowledge His hand in my life. I am truly grateful for a loving Heavenly Father. It was not just me who felt a gentle Spirit today, Bryan was touched and inspired in his dealings with the Young Men today. It was so wonderful to hear him tell me what he was feeling and what he did about it. I am so grateful for a loving, spiritual husband who honors his priesthood. He is my best friend and I wouldn't give that up for anything!

Now, the funny side of today. Have you ever met Melissa Hooper? Apparently she is in my ward. Melissa Hooper was called to be a Primary Worker today. Oh wait, I am Melissa Hooper! Our bishop sustained me today as Melissa. I wasn't sure if it was actually me they were calling at first! I know our Bishop is such a good guy that I will let it pass. Someone was telling me I should give him a hard time about it, but I think he might actually feel bad about it if I point it out and it is not worth it. So, call me Michelle or Melissa. They are close, so I guess it doesn't really matter! lol!! I am excited to be back in Primary. I will be Kaitlyn's teacher and I am looking forward to it. I miss working with Marilyn in RS, but Primary is always where my heart has been. I love kids!

Anyway, have a good evening! We will- we are going to my brother Todd and and his wife Julie's for dinner and I don't have to cook! It will be fun, they are hilarious! See you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome story. Thank you for your great testimony. It is so nice to be uplifted!

Jonathan said...

:) Love you mom. You are awesome!

Richard said...

Wouldn't you know it, I thought I had met everyone in your family and then Melissa comes along! lol. Your testimony is strong. You should share it more often. Congrats on the new calling. Primary is the BEST!

Lisa said...

Hey Melissa:)

I am so happy I came across your blog. Your kids have gotten so big...they are still as cute as ever. Email me or give me a call when you have a minute I would love to catch up with you. (I have a question for you too)