Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just stuff!

Well it has started! Baseball season is here so my free time, not that there was much of it to begin with, is over. OVER! I have four kids playing this year. I couldn't say no to any of them! We said no to football this past fall and baseball is their favorite sport, so what the heck! I love to watch them play and see how they get better as they get older. Jon made the Shepherd baseball team (Yeah!) but is not expected to play much (Boo!) so I will not go to very many of his away games. Tomorrow is at Carson. Waaayy to far when I have extra kids whose parents will have to pick them up from a school. Kaitlyn is playing minors Softball and is excited. She is worried because she doesn't feel like she is very good. She does fine, but got a much later start than the boys did. It's only her second year and she should not compare herself to them. Connor is also in minors, but in baseball. He seems to be a bit above average for his age and I am excited to see how he has grown this year. Jenna is going to be on a tee-ball team with several friends from our ward/school. Her coach is her friend's dad and Bryan and Uncle Todd are both assistant coaches! Should be fun to watch! We are hoping that the kids can figure out the game, it's so sad when you see a kid hit the ball and run to third!!

Alex is not going to play, too young, but good news with him: He is potty trained!!! Hallelujah!!!! Finally!! He was so stubborn!! My last baby and no more diapers!! Do I feel a twinge of sadness for this last remnant of baby? NO WAY!!! My wallet is also happy! Now, if he will be this consistent at other people's houses. Time will tell!

I am going to my neurologist again today as a follow up with my migraines. Whatever they are doing to treat them is sooo not working. I have a headache almost every day. If I don't have one, then I notice it. So sad! I have been taking Imitrex nearly every day as well as a preventative medication. The imitrex works but the migraines keep coming back the next day. My brother, Todd, who is also a migraine sufferer, did some research and found a doctor that is saying that Imitrex causes a rebound headache and it lowers your trigger level for a migraine. That is saying that the more you take it, the easier for your body to react to the things that trigger a migraine and the less the Imitrex will work for you. Supposedly Excedrin Migraine and medicines like that do the same thing. So, I am starting to believe this and am certainly going to ask my doctor about it. Todd spent the last week suffering through migraines and such without any medication to "detox" from them. He is now migraine free. If I have to go through a week of this to get rid of them and raise my trigger level, than so be it! I am sick of being in pain EVERY day! I will let you know what the doc says cause I know a lot of people who are in a similar boat.

Anyway, that is a lot of mumbo jumbo, so if you are still reading this than you must be a loyal friend...or really bored!! Have a great day!

6 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

I get migraines almost every day too so I feel your pain. Have you tried Relpax? Hands down, the best migraine medicine I've ever tried. (and I have tried A LOT...lol)

Kim said...

I'm right there with ya on the baseball. Randy's big idea to sign 3 kids up. At least with football the schedule is predictable, with baseball there games are whenever, where ever. My brain can't function that way! So life again will be crazy until school is out. Good luck with the migraines, sooo not fun!

Leslie said...

Good luck with 4 kids in baseball, I would go crazy!!

music lady said...

I read to the end of your post so I must be a friend. So take of your self. I remember Migraines when I was younger I haven't had any for years, maybe We outgrow them? Gotta have hope!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Migraines. I hope the doctor can help relieve some of your discomfort. Ick!

Richard said...

I have had only one migraine in my life and it was totaly the worst. I cant imagine having them every day. Sure hope the Doc. can find and fix this for you. It does sound like a busy time with baseball but it will be fun at the same time to see your kids play. They will do great. You will have to invite us some time to watch a game.