Monday, March 2, 2009

"My teacher loves me!"

First off, I have been in a little bit of a church slump. Yes, it's true. I think I am a touch angry sometimes and feel like things are always going to be a major struggle and sometimes I think I blame the Lord a little bit. I realize that's counterproductive but whatever, it's the truth. While I have been trying to overcome that bit, my attitude about going to church has suffered. I have too much guilt to not go, again the truth, so I always go and give my full efforts into my calling. Every time I go, it has been a touch grudgingly lately and then by the time I am walking home I am so glad I went. I really enjoy being in Primary. The kids are so fun and I really do like it. It is worth it to me to put in all the time and effort because I can see the kids really like being there, too. So, my attitude has been slowly changing back! About time, I suppose! Anyway, Sunday was no exception. I had a pretty bad headache and was stuffed up. I just didn't feel 100% and wanted to stay home. But, I feel its kinda mean to ask a sub to fill in at the last minute. Singing time is hard and requires time to plan effectively. So I went anyway and figured I would suffer through it. Bryan and Jon both stayed home because they weren't feeling good either (yes, they were actually sick!). I almost left Alex home so I didn't have to deal with him in Sacrament meeting. But I know how much time and effort Alex's teacher puts into her class (he is the only regular kid that comes) and I didn't want him to miss it. Well, she bore her testimony on Sunday and was saying how much she loves her class, especially little Alex. He was playing quietly with cars on the bench and looked up at me with this big open mouthed smile and says"My teacher loves me!". That was such a cool moment! He knew that she loved him and it meant a lot to him. This ward has the best Primary and teachers of any ward I have been in (no offense to the Ellsworthers cause I loved that Primary too!). They put in extra effort into lessons and extras. Maybe more than is necessary, but all of my children feel their love and that means a lot to me. So, I am so glad I went and that I took Alex. I had a lot of fun during singing time, even with a headache. I think my attitude has been adjusted in the right direction! I am really grateful for loving teachers!

In the embarrassing side, cause there usually is one in my family...Alex is now potty trained and is sometimes still trying to get it right, had to go to the bathroom in the middle of sacrament meeting. He had to go #2 (sorry!) and it took him 3 tries during sac meeting. Finally the third time was right during the closing song. Connor took him and he runs back in during the prayer (Connor waited in the foyer and Alex ran away from him) and announced in a really loud voice that he want poo poo! I am like"hush!" we are in a prayer!!! He didn't get it and kept announcing it! Love that kid, but sometimes you just need a mute button! Anyway, congratulations to going poo poo for the first time that wasn't at home! LOL

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny about Alex! I am so glad that he feels such love from his teacher. That is awesome. I have always been impressed with how church dedicated you are. That is such an example for those around you. I am always glad after I have gone, but it is hard to get there. The last couple of weeks I know the Lord has carried me to church because I could not have done it on my own.

Richard said...

I just love that little man Alex! Tell him congrats on being a big boy. I miss the Primary very much. It has been the strength of the kids that has often carried me through the tough times. There spirit is so strong. I am jealous that my spirit is not at there level. Keep up the good example!! You are doing great!! P.S. Thanks for all of the help with our move. You gave us huge moral support!!