Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good News!

Yeah, we finally have some good news!! Bryan has gotten a bit of a promotion and a small raise to go with it. I wish it was more, but I will take it! I am excited about the promotion because it gives him a chance to get hired on permanently!! It is in a better division, but I will leave all the details for him to share. He also got a new calling in the ward, he just can't be sustained until the records arrive! I don't know if we are supposed to even blog about that yet then. Oh well! I will leave those details to Bryan also, I don't want to steal ALL his thunder.

We are getting settled in here, my mom and my sisters have been so helpful in this move. They are spending a lot of time and effort here and you can see it. The place is really coming together and we are feeling like we belong. It is a nice feeling. Sweet little Alex is still asking to go home and seems a bit confused/upset by it all. Leslie took them swimming at their house today and afterwards, Alex asked to go swimming in my pool. Poor kid just doesn't understand that we are not moving back. This move has been so hard on the youngest ones and the oldest one. Fortunately for Jon, he is finding his place in YM's and also on his football team, so he is excited about that.

One of the saddest moments of all this mess was on Sunday during Sacrament Meeting, little Connor looked a little pale and not quite right and I asked him if he was okay, and he started to cry. Seeing that, I could hardly hold it together, in fact I am tearing up now! He was so scared and missing his last ward. He was trying so hard to be strong and keep it all inside, he is not usually one to share his feelings much. I was so worried about him and was hoping he would find a friend. He did! There was only one boy in his class and he is 2 weeks older than Connor and they really seemed to hit it off! And little Jenna was also so frightened but has 2 really cute girls in her class that are very close to her age, too. But her favorite surprise was finding out that her cousin, Tyler (Todd and Julie's son) was in her class at school. That just made everything okay! We are so glad for that! He is such a cute kid, too!

Anyway, it is so nice to have some good things happening! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had enough of the hard stuff and was good and ready for something positive! I hope you can find your happy place today, too!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I am very happy dad got a raise and stuff. Hopefully he will blog about it. I'm also glad that church went well. I seem to fit in quite well over here.

LOVE YOU

Jeremy said...

What in the world... no records and all ready getting a calling! Is he like applying for the calling? Did he fill out a "calling application"? Is it one that he is happy to have or indifferent or disappointed? I just want a calling where I am not in the primary. Maybe I should fill out a "calling application"...