Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day and Homemade Cards



Well, Bryan is off for his first day at his new job, wish him luck!! Anyway, we had a lot of fun yesterday (Father's Day). We got up early and made Bryan some breakfast: pancakes, eggs and bacon and then he took off with Jonathan to play a song in Eva's ward. We then went to our own ward, leaving early for a family dinner at his Dad's house. I spent the greater part of the afternoon cooking with Leslie and Eva- we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, broccoli casserole (yum) and lemon cake. (Always put the frosting on lemon cake right away!!!!) It was really good. It was also fun to see Jonathan and his Grandpa play a duet, with Jon on the violin and Gerry on the cello. I wish I had some pics of that, I didn't bring my camera!!



Then we watched the movie Jumper. I really enjoyed it, I just wished it had a better conclusion and not just a set up for Jumper 2. Still, we had a good time watching it with everyone.


When the movie was over, we went to my parent's house. I had fun being with my brother's and sister's and their families. I know Bryan was stressed about starting his new job and then he was stuck listening to the men discuss which is better, which one to buy- a motorhome or a toy hauler. I guess someone is in the market for a new one. Big problems, huh!


Overall, it was a good day. I wanted to post my Father's Day cards and one I made for my Mil's b-day- I thot they turned out really good, so here they are:
I made this one for Bryan and I really liked it, so I made 2 more! The arrow is a cutout circle that I cut in thirds and the arrow tip is a square cutout I halved. My scrapbook lady, Sheila, taught me that techique!

This one is a little more basic, but I loved the color combination. I used a swirl stamp on it with desert sand ink and it gave it a nicer look. I love doing stuff like this, I just wish I had more time for it!!! Well now with my hubby actually being at work M-F, I just might get around to it a bit more!!

Have a great day, everybody!!

3 comments:

Richard said...

The Fathers and Birthday cards are beautiful. You have a great talent with scrapbooking and working with your hands. Keep up the good work. I do wish Bryan the best on his first day at the new job.

music lady said...

I love my card, the outside is pretty but on the inside is where the heart really is....

Leslie said...

Cute cards..I wanted to make one but even if I had it wouldnt have been that cute.